At Cannon Assurance we are of the conviction that 'corporate social responsibility' is an essential element of our business. Corporate responsibility is central to the way we run our business. The company endeavours to make a positive contribution to society by developing products that meet consumer needs, creating and sharing wealth, investing in the local economy, developing people's skills and remaining actively aware of the impact of our business in the environment and community around us.
We strive to give back to the community as it is the community that helps us perpetuate our business objectives. Our focus and approach to corporate social responsibility is holistic and therein lies our motto 'Cannon Cares" for without the support and collaboration of the communities and our stakeholders, we cannot achieve our board objectives.
We are committed to managing our social and environmental impact to society in a responsible manner. As such, we seek to partner with other stakeholders, to address social and environmental challenges and in so doing, contribute to sustainable development.
Past and present contributions made to the community include:
* Donations made to IDPs through the Kenya Red Cross during the post election violence in early 2008
* Participation in the Kenya Freedom from Hunger Walk initiative
* Participating in the Heart to Heart Run
* Donations to the P.C.E.A. Kikuyu Eye Unit
* Donations to the Cannon Assurance Youth Football Team Uniform Program
* Annual Sponsorship of the Cannon Golf Trophy in Mombasa since 1968 to date
* Participation in and contribution towards the Junior Golf foundation - Kenya
* Donations to the Kenya Red Cross - Save a life Fund
Our contributions to society will continue to expand as this is enshrined in our corporate motto - "Cannon Cares".